UPDATE: Indecent exposure reported in the Culinary Arts building

Couch in Culinary Arts Building used by student suspected of indecent exposure on Sept. 26. (Photo by Cheyenne Drury)

UPDATE: Interim American River College Public Information Officer Joan Kudin sent an email update at 4:50 p.m. which included a surveillance camera photo of the suspect (below). Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Los Rios Police Department at (916) 558-2221.

Story continues below

ARC Public Information Officer Joan Kudin sent this photo of the indecent exposure suspect out this afternoon. (Courtesy of Joan Kudin)

American River College’s Los Rios Police Department reported an incident of ‘indecent exposure’ in the Culinary Arts building room 584 at approximately 4-5 p.m on Monday.

Interim Public Information Officer (PIO) Joan Kudin said via email, “The suspect is described as a mixed Hispanic and Black male adult with a medium complexion. He was last seen wearing a dark blue ball cap, a black shirt, dark gray pants and black shoes.”

ARC students and culinary major, Ma Agatha Quiambao said she was there when the suspect was committing the act(s).

“(I) went to the bakery,” said Quiambao. “ I saw him touching his (genitals). He was looking at (me)… using his phone to block his (genitals).”

The unknown suspect followed the student everywhere she went.

“Then me and my classmate went to room 505 and he was there sitting on the ground, said Quiambao. “We kinda dismissed it.”

“He went from chair to chair to outside our classroom and then the couch,” said Quiambao.

Two unidentified female victims reported they were exposed to the suspect.

The first victim was said to have been observed by the suspect as she was sitting in a chair in the Culinary Arts Building to which he then moved away and began maturbating on a chair near her.

Once the victim realized what was going on she proceeded to tell the suspect to leave, then left the scene and contacted the LRPD.

The second victim told the LRPD that as she was walking toward the south exit of the Culinary Arts Building she witnessed the suspect masturbating on the couch.

District PIO Scott Crow said, “We haven’t had a chance to connect with LRPD. The investigation is still ongoing.”

Scott also said that,” Yesterday at Cosumnes Community College (CRC) there was a similar incident around the same time.”