ARC men’s baseball swept by Modesto JC

ARC lost 9-4 in the last game of the series
American River College’s left fielder Marcus Babauta hits an RBI single to bring in Nick Golden, ARC’s right fielder, in the team’s 9-4 loss to Modesto Junior College on April 20, 2024. (Photo by Will Forseth)

In the hot Modesto sun, the American River baseball team encountered its third consecutive loss in the last game of the three-game series after losing 9-4 against the Modesto Junior College Pirates on April 20. This makes for the Beavers’ seventh consecutive loss overall.

Prospects of a win initially seemed fruitful at the onset of the game. ARC was the first to put up points in the first inning following an RBI by catcher Duncan Hansen that allowed right fielder Nick Golden to cross home plate.

The Beavers kept pushing, having scored two runs in the fourth inning and once more in the seventh. These runs weren’t enough to secure a win, however, as the Pirates’ rally during the third inning earned seven runs, causing the ARC starting pitcher to be pulled from the mound.

The bases were often occupied with ARC runners, and sometimes the bases were loaded, but the Beavers struggled to send the players home. 

Beavers pinch hitter Tyler Moore recognizes the hard work the team put into the game.

“The game has been very chirpy but energetic,” Moore said. “At the same time, the competitiveness is definitely driving the game.”

ARC men’s baseball has had an overall difficult run, ending the 2024 baseball season with a 10-29 record. Despite the challenges, a die hard spirit remains in effect in the Beavers dugout.

“Always compete,” Moore said. 

For more information about the ARC baseball program, visit the Beavers baseball program online.