ARC baseball’s slump continues

ARC couldn’t deal with Folsom Lake College’s fast start
American River College first baseman Alex Olson has his foot on base just in case his opponent, Nate Vargas, would try to steal second base in the game against Folsom Lake College on March 7, 2024. (Photo by Elisha Chandra)

The slump continues for the American River College baseball team. The Beavers came into its March 7 home game against Folsom Lake College hoping to snap a three-game losing streak. That was not the case, with the team losing 4-1. 

The Beavers came into this one after previously losing to FLC 13-2. The Falcons on the other hand had plenty of confidence going into this game after its last meeting with ARC. 

The Falcons started the game on the right foot by getting two runs in the first and second innings.

There was no answer from ARC until the bottom of the sixth inning. After FLC extended its lead to 3-0, ARC outfielder Wyatt Bahlke had an RBI double which was too much for Folsom Lake to handle. This allowed ARC shortstop Darin Eales, who was on first base, to score and put the Beavers on the scoreboard.

With the game at 3-1, ARC’s voices in the dugout grew showing its confidence as players started banging on the dugout roof and chanting and shouting to bring confidence to the next player going to bat. 

This however did not faze the Falcons, as they would go on to score one more in the eighth inning. And a late pitching change for FLC would take away any sign of a comeback from ARC. The Beavers did not have a single hit after they scored in the sixth inning.

This loss brought ARC’s record to 5-12 and its conference record to 1-4.