Classified vs. Faculty Softball game set for April 29

American River College is hosting a classified vs. faculty softball game on April 29 to allow a chance for them to meet with and collaborate with each other away from their typical roles. (Photo by Kyle Elsasser)

In the spirit of collaboration and camaraderie, American River College is hosting a classified staff vs. faculty softball game, bringing the school’s community together to associate in an atmosphere other than working.

The game will be held on April 29 on the ARC softball field at 11 a.m.

Classified Senate President Mary Goodall challenged the ARC faculty during a recent academic senate meeting.

“I went to one of their senate meetings to bring it up and gauge interest, and they all seemed to think it was a great idea,” Goodall said.

“I’ve coordinated with the kinesiology department to secure the field and Academic Senate President Tony Giusti to get faculty involved,” she said.

Giusti said that the academic senators thought it was a fun idea, and accepted their challenge.

“We’re hoping to have faculty representatives from all faculty areas participating in the game,” he said.

Softball coach Lisa Delgado will prepare the field for the game.

“Although I can’t be in attendance, I’m sure it will be a great game,” Delgado said. “I will help prepare the field and supply the equipment.”

The game will allow ARC’s work community to come together for a friendly competition between the two.

“This is a way to meet co-workers and enjoy each other away from our typical roles,” Goodall said.

Students and administrative staff are encouraged to attend, and lunch and snack items will be available for purchase.