Clyde and Hootie

Student fights for health

Jessica Lentz, Staff Writer
May 2, 2012  

Sitting in the waiting room, he told himself to calm down. The results would surely come back negative. Even though he had known the risks of having unprotected sex, he thought that this could never happen to him. Moments later, a nurse walked over and greeted him with a thin smile. Then she... Read More

Blake Shelton pauses to speak to the sold-out audience during his sold-out performance at Sacramento's Power Balance Pavilion on March 15.

Blake Shelton’s “voice” just one part of awe-inspiring March 15 concert

Jessica Lentz, Staff Writer
March 30, 2012  

Blake Shelton, the country singer and coach on the reality television singing competition show “The Voice,” performed an awe-inspiring concert at Sacramento’s Power Balance Pavilion on March 15 to a raucous crowd, most of whom donned cowboy hats and held beers in their hands. Shelton... Read More

Geology professor bans plastic bottles in class

Jessica Lentz, Staff Writer
March 7, 2012  

More than 25 million barrels of oil are used to produce these yearly, yet the water inside these containers mostly come from municipal water sources like a faucet. Plastic bottled water: environmentally harmful, and growing obsession for buying bottled water. Geology professor Glenn Jaecks... Read More

When students stress becomes too much

Jessica Lentz
February 22, 2012  

The muscles tense up, the brain stops thinking properly,  and headaches are recurring. Wanting to run away and hide is common, especially while taking multiple classes with many deadlines. Stress is a familiar feeling for students during the semester. Someone who is dealing with high levels... Read More

_MG_9761_1 (640x427)

Students learn about ARC community at Club Day

Jessica Lentz, Staff Writer
February 9, 2012  

More than 15 different clubs gathered for Club Day on Thursday, Feb. 9 in the Rose Marks Pavilion at American River College. Students were able to walk around and sign up for clubs as well as participate in different aspects offered on campus. There are over 100 students participating within... Read More

_2870_WEB

Take this class: Cultural Foods of The World

Jessica Lentz, Staff Writer
February 8, 2012  

We live in a culture where fast food restaurants are mainstream, which is why some people do not explore authentic foods from around the world. American River College offers a course that compares the diverse culture of food customs around the world. Cultural Foods of the World is a survey... Read More