Blake Shelton’s “voice” just one part of awe-inspiring March 15 concert

Blake Shelton pauses to speak to the sold-out audience during his sold-out performance at Sacramento’s Power Balance Pavilion on March 15.

Blake Shelton, the country singer and coach on the reality television singing competition show “The Voice,” performed an awe-inspiring concert at Sacramento’s Power Balance Pavilion on March 15 to a raucous crowd, most of whom donned cowboy hats and held beers in their hands.

Shelton bucked the trend of an artist performing his popular songs then dialing it in by taking the audience for a ride. The anticipation of the audience grew ever more intense during the 30-minute intermission.

When Shelton’s shadow appeared on the screen, the crowd’s screams and whistling grew louder.

Shelton performed a variety of songs during the night, which more than sustained the dancing and swooning audience. The set list alternated between bona fide love songs and rowdy country dancing tracks.

Shelton’s showmanship rocked the stage. The evening grew more intriguing as the night progressed.

While speaking to the audience, he explained how back in Nashville the people didn’t agree with the fact that Shelton enjoys to Twitter. Shelton proceeded to Tweet the title of his song “Kiss My Country Ass” from his album “Hillbilly Bone,” before bursting into the defiant song.

Later on, Shelton invited concert opener and season one runner-up of “The Voice” Dia Frampton onto the stage to sing her duet “I Will” – a song about the friendship they developed during the journey Frampton experienced alongside Shelton on “The Voice.” Their enjoyable duet complemented both of their voices.

The evening’s biggest surprise occurred when Shelton’s wife, Miranda Lambert astonished the crowd by appearing on stage to sing her hit “Baggage Claim.” As she sang the song, the loud volume overruled her voice and therefore the words were difficult to listen to.

At the age of only 16, Shelton moved to Nashville, Tenn. to pursue a singing career. Only a few years later in 2001, his first single “Austin,” was released, eventually hitting the No. 1 spot on the Billboard Magazine charts.

Last year was a landmark year for Shelton who was named 2011 Male Vocalist of the Year by the Country Music Association and also received an award from Country Music Television for the 2011 Male Video of the Year.

Shelton’s ostentatious performance rocked the Power Balance Pavilion, and as the “Well Lit and Amplified” tour continues to travel across the country, people will undoubtedly enjoy his delightful performance.

[email protected]