LRCCD Chancellor Brian King will host two town hall sessions at ARC on Oct. 2

Faculty and students have an opportunity for an in-person Q & A session at 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Brian King, chancellor of the Los Rios Community College District, will host a town hall meeting at American River College’s main campus on Oct. 2 at 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. (Photo courtesy of the Los Rios Community College District)

Brian King, chancellor of the Los Rios Community College District, will host two town hall sessions at the American River College main campus on Oct. 2 at 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.

Each session will take place in the cafeteria and will give the community an opportunity to ask questions over the closure of Davies Hall. 

For those not available to come to campus, the town hall will be available via Zoom

At the Academic Senate meeting on Sept. 14, several faculty members voiced their frustration over the Sept. 8 closure of Davies Hall, which required faculty and staff to clear out from the building in a 24 hour period. 

With the closure, classes have been shifted to different areas of the school and professors no longer have an office. 

Faculty, staff and students are welcome to attend either session to get answers to their questions.