ARC football team cruises to 54-16 victory over Santa Rosa

The Beavers improve to 7-1 overall and 3-0 in conference play
Tight end Seth Bozzi, among others, allowed American River to get in front quickly and never look back in their 54-16 home victory on Oct. 28. (Photo by Joseph Bianchini)

On Oct. 28, the American River College football team hosted Santa Rosa Junior College, in which the Beavers won in a dominating fashion, by a final score of 54-16.

From the jump it was clear the Beavers were the superior team, forcing a Santa Rosa interception on the very first drive of the game. This would lead to a goal line touchdown to tight end Seth Bozzi.

Bozzi wasn’t finished there, as he would score from 29 yards out on the very next possession after ARC forced a Santa Rosa punt.

Heading into the second quarter, ARC was up 14-0 and continued to pour it on in the ensuing quarters. 

At the beginning of the second quarter, wide receiver and speedster Robert Freeman took a punt return to the house. Freeman would continue to dominate the rest of the game, returning another punt nearly for a touchdown, which led to the goal line touchdown pass to Mikaiah Stephenson. 

Freeman scored again to close out the first half on a 14 yard reception in which he forced multiple defenders to miss on his way to his second score of the day.

Going into halftime ARC was up comfortably by a score of 34-2. The Beavers would score another 20 unanswered points coming out of half, including quarterback Kenneth Lueth’s whopping fifth touchdown pass on the day.

Santa Rosa scored a couple of touchdowns towards the end of the game, ultimately leading to a final score of 54-16.

On top of Lueth, Freeman and Bozzi’s key performances, big defensive lineman Cole Gustafson had a huge day as well, recording three of the Beavers’ five sacks on the day.

It was smooth sailing in all three phases of the ball for the ARC football team, and the only real issue for them was penalties. The Beavers had nine penalties on the day, leading to 55 free yards for Santa Rosa, an issue that they’ll want to clean up heading into next week against Sierra College.

Sierra will be going into next week with a little extra motivation, coming off of a 56-6 loss to a Butte College team that ARC defeated earlier in the season. 

The Beavers stand in first place in the NorCal division with a 3-0 conference record and a 7-1 record overall. They will look to ride the momentum from this game into their game versus Sierra College on Nov. 4 to continue on their path towards playing playoff football down the line.