Spring Career Fair blooms at ARC

Students visit different vendors and booths during the Spring Career Fair on April 12, 2018. (Photo by Gabe Carlos)

American River College is hosting a Spring Career Fair today until 1 p.m. in the Community Rooms in the Student Center.

Sixty-eight companies will be attending this semester’s career fair including Tesla, AppleOne and California Highway Patrol.

The career fair will allow students to examine career paths, employment opportunities and learn about different companies. It will also give companies a chance to hire students that are looking for jobs within their fields.

Vicki Sherman, a clerk at the ARC Career Center, is running the career fair. She says the event will be beneficial to students.

“By attending the career fair, students will have the opportunity to see what types of companies are hiring and have a chance to talk to different employers,” she said.

According to Sherman, the event will give students a good look at different career fields so that they “may adjust their field of study accordingly.”

Sherman also shared why the school puts on these events for the students and the motive for them being important.

“Our mission is to connect students to employers,” she said. “Even if the connection isn’t made, we feel that the experience is valuable and will help the student in seeking future employment.”