CAEB hosts “Kaleidoscope Games” Club Day

American River College student Angelica DeGuzman went low during the limbo competition at Club day near the book store on April 14, 2016. Club day rules allows the person to touch the ground as long as their hands don’t touch the ground. (Photo by Joe Padilla)

American River College’s Club and Events Board (CAEB) hosted the “Kaleidoscope Games” Club Day Thursday.

“This was the most game-filled Club Day of the semester,” CAEB President Justin Nicholson said

Games included freeze dance, musical chairs, limbo and cup stacking.

There were several clubs involved, all of which were providing information to students about their club, and trying to get them to join.

The Life is Worth the Walk club, ARC Marketing Association, Research club, Muslim Student Association, Medieval Battle club, Sociology club, PSI Beta, Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) and the Fashion club were among the clubs involved.

Fashion club representatives Cristal Preciado and Nia Simien were there to promote upcoming events, including a movie screening on Wednesday and the fashion show on May 6.  

“We’re here to try and get more people involved with Fashion Club and to promote upcoming events,” Preciado said.

“We’re having a movie screening on Wednesday at 2 p.m. and recommend people come,” Simien said.

PTK member Kevin Jenco conducted a survey on what students want from the student senate.

“We want to know how students feel about the current state of campus,” Jenco said.

“We’ve had a lot of feedback on book prices and campus safety, but the consensus has been that there’s more crime in areas around our campus rather than on it.”

The Associated Student Body was present and conducting a student survey and raffle on ASB and the ARC campus, where participants could win t-shirts and school supplies.

Other people involved were TLCS Mental Health Crisis Respite Center, Spirit Cakes, Little Rich’s Italian Ice and various vendors selling products in the student center.

“We are here to offer information, flyers and business cards to whoever is willing to come up, ask questions and listen,” TLCS coordinator Sky Tuimaveve said.

Club day was held in the quad area outside of the student center.