In our heads – Josh Baumbach

“Rise Of Nine” by Pittacus Lore – The third book of the “Lorien Legacies,” (or “I Am Number Four” series), was an exciting read fromfront to back.  It follows a race of aliens stranded on Earth who are fighting another alien race that wants them extinct.  But there are only 20 of them, and they are being rapidly picked off.

“Hell On Wheels”– Recently starting its second season on AMC, “Hell On Wheels” is set during the construction of the first transcontinental railroad.  There are plenty of dirty politics and violence, but it’s mostly its roots in history that has me hooked.

“The Hunger Games” – With the recent release of the blu-ray, “Hunger Games” fans have something to tide them over until “Catching Fire” next year.  Being a fan of the books as well as the movie so far, this blu-ray was a must-have for me.

“Slaughterhouse: Welcome To: Our house” – Comprised of Joell Ortiz, Crooked I, Joe Budden, and Royce Da 5’9,” this hip hop supergroup weaves together a rare classic album in the age of iTunes singles.  Also doesn’t hurt that they had Eminem managing the album.

“The Walking Dead: The Game” – Developer Telltale Games had past success with other licensed properties such as “Back To The Future” and “Jurassic Park,” but this is where they shine.  With a gripping story not like anything else in “The Walking Dead” universe, “The Game” makes you care about the characters, and there are so many shocking twists it rivals the show and novels.