News Briefs- 4-3-2013

“1863: A Year That Has Not Gone Away”

Thursday, April 4, 2013 year a panel of ARC historians will be discussing the revolutionary year 1863. They will be discussing the 150th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation, the Gettysburg Address, and the course of events that year.  The event will be held from 12:15-1:15 pm in Raef Hall 160.

Resume Evaluations

On April 9 and 10 from 9:00 am- 6:00 pm you can bring a copy of your current résumé for a private evaluation in the Student Services Building at the ARC Career Center. If you want more Information call the Career Center at 916-484-8492.

Word Soup: ARC’s Annual Faculty Literary Reading

Professors Aaron Bradford and Lois Ann Abraham will read a few selections from the recently published anthology “Burning the Little Candle”. This demonstration is a sneak peek of the SummerWords creative writing conference scheduled for May 30-June 2. This event will be hosted by Professor Traci Gourdine in Raef Hall 160 from 12:15- 1:15 pm on Thursday, April 11, 2013.

Last Day to drop full-semester classes

Monday, April 29, 2013 is the last day to drop full-semester classes. There will be a “w” notation on anyone who drops a class. 

Faculty Recital: Dr. Dyne Eifertsen

On Friday, April 12, 2013 at 7:00 pm the will be a free ARC faculty recital. Dr. Dyne Eifertsen will be playing the trombone/electronic loops with special Alex Jenkins on the drums. There will be poetry readings and be projected artwork from ARC Faculty and student writers. It will be held in the ARC Music Dept. room 547. For more information, contact Dr. Dyne Eifertsen at 916-484-8676.

Registration Dates For Fall 2013 Semester

Depending on their priority status students will be able to start enrolling in classes for the Fall 2013 between April 29 and May 17. You can log onto your eServices account to see your enrollment date or speak to a counselor to discuss your enrollment status.

Ed 9. Correction:

Emily Rabasto Byline front-page centerpiece photo

On page two the American River Current Mast Head Distribution Manager is spelled incorrectly.

On page three “New Trustee Elected in Special Election” in the deck our math is incorrect stating less than .01 percent of students voted and only 569 did.  An extremely low number of students voted.

On page four “Hitting comes naturally to Jimenez” Jimenez is spelled incorrectly in the cutline.

On page five sports updates ”Men’s Golf” the last match is incorrect it actually takes place on Tuesday April 30.

On page five in Sports Updates the photo taken by Stephanie Lee of Men’s basketball the player should read Chad Haysbert.

On page seven and nine “Secondhand Serenade packs The Boardwalk” and “Take This Class” Scene Editor Cintia Lopez’s email is incorrect it should be [email protected]

On page nine “Spring Break: Live from Sacramento” The Sacramento Kings vs. The Los Angeles Lakers in on March 30.

On page 10 “Producer uses ARC recording program to further his musical talent” the cutline of the photo Pro Tools is spelled incorrectly.