A Lifetime of Activism and a lifetime of education

Deanna Dokes, Staff Writer
April 30, 2012  

The American River College Hour presented “Lifetime of Activism: 40 Years of Protesting and Why it is Worth it” on March 15, 2012 in Raef Hall 160. The hour-long segment focused on local ARC Professor Dolores Delgado Campbell and the accomplishments she has achieved over the years from... Read More

How to deal with ‘Frenemies’

Deanna Dokes, Staff Writer
April 18, 2012  

Do you have that one friend who you can’t stand because he or she is beyond obnoxious and rude? That one friend who cuts you off in mid-sentence and pays no credence to what you’re trying to say? We all have a frenemy. A frenemy is a friend you really can’t stand, but face-to-face, you... Read More

Minaj's second album "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded."

Nicki Minaj disappoints and impresses with “Reloaded”

Deanna Dokes, Staff Writer
April 18, 2012  

The self-proclaimed “female Weezy” is back at it again with her second album, “Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded.” Nicki Minaj brings fellow rappers Rick Ross, 2 Chainz, Drake, and of course Lil Wayne as features on this album. “Roman Reloaded” disappoints and impresses at the same time. Minaj... Read More

_0256

Second Saturday a Sacramento standout

Deanna Dokes, Staff Writer
March 7, 2012  

What began as a gathering of gallery owners to promote their art has turned into an enormous celebration attracting more than 15,000 people to the local Sacramento art scene. Second Saturday, also known as the Art Walk, starts at 6 p.m. and is located on J and L streets of downtown. It is an... Read More

Chicken chow mein. orange chicken, and chicken pot stickers at the Pearl House Restaurant in Citrus Heights.

Quality of food saves Pearl House restaurant

Deanna Dokes, Staff Writer
February 22, 2012  

Subpar service side, the menu and price is right for students needing their Chinese food fix. Located in a strip mall wedged between a grocery store and a tax services place hides a sub-par delicious Chinese food restaurant conveniently located minutes from the American River College campus.... Read More

_TRA6932-master-1

ARC Theatre presents ‘To Kill a Mockingbird’

Deanna Dokes, Staff Writer
February 8, 2012  

A controversial play about racism, injustice and life lessons is on its way to American River College’s theater and is directed by one of ARC’s professors. Sam Williams will be directing Christopher Sergel’s screenplay adaption of the novel “To Kill A Mockingbird,” written by Harper... Read More