The late Dick Clark, legendary host of "American Bandstand."

Dick Clark: You will be missed

Chuck Livingston, Staff Photographer
April 25, 2012  

My sister Jeanne and I danced with the kids on “American Bandstand” and learned the newest dance steps. We watched for the newest fashions and waited to see such notables as Chuck Berry, Buddy Holly and even Madonna, all who performed live on the show. Dick Clark, 82, the host of “American... Read More

Richard Trenton Chase, also known as the Vampire of Sacramento.

Local serial killer leaves his mark at ARC

Chuck Livingston, Staff Photographer
April 19, 2012  

Guy Fieri, Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla of Smosh, Richard Trenton Chase: One of these ARC alumni is a convicted serial killer. Chase is a serial killer who attended American River College from 1968 to 1971, known to many as the “Vampire of Sacramento,” because he would often drink the... Read More

Chuck Livingston, Staff Writer
April 18, 2012  

Students and faculty attend an even at the James Koneko Gallery

James Kaneko Gallery exhibit opens to warm reception

Chuck Livingston, Staff Writer
February 16, 2012  

What do burgers, wood and string have in common? They are all starring in an art show debuting at American River College’s Kaneko Gallery. Artist Mick Sheldon and sculptor Craig Martinez have featured works on display. The two different collections, “Burger Worker” by Mick Sheldon and... Read More

0003-6941

Wall Street Unoccupied

Chuck Livingston, Deputy Web Editor
November 30, 2011  

NEW YORK – On the cold rainy morning of Nov. 21, I returned to Zuccotti Park, the birthplace of Occupy Wall Street, blocks away from New York City’s financial district. I found the park virtually deserted in contrast to being fully occupied six weeks ago.  The sounds of drumming and... Read More

Sheehan rouses crowd at ‘Occupy Sacramento’

Chuck Livingston, Associate Web Editor
November 2, 2011  

More than three hundred people gathered to hear Cindy Sheehan, the famous anti-war protester speak, as she came to support the “Occupy Sacramento” protest movement in Cesar Chavez Plaza on Saturday, Oct. 15, 2011.  The activists were showing their support for the ongoing demonstration... Read More

Libya's Gaddafi arrives in Italy for 'historic' visit

Libyan dictator responsible for countless tragedies is pronounced dead

Chuck Livingston, Associate Web Editor
October 26, 2011  

We can all breath a little easier knowing that Muammar el-Qaddafi, a man whose life was marked by acts of hatred, terror, and murder, is no longer alive. Libya’s Prime Minister Mahmoud Jibril confirmed the besieged dictator’s death on Oct. 20. He was killed near his Mediterranean coastal... Read More

Officer Ajax turns heads at ARC’s Career Fair.

Chuck Livingston, Deputy Web Editor, Staff Photographer, Staff Writer
October 7, 2011  

Officer Ajax of the Sacramento County’s  Sheriffs department made a big impression at American River College’s Career Fair on Thursday October 5, 2011 .  Officer Ajax is a police dog and showed off some of his skills as he searched for a bomb that may have been placed on campus. Office... Read More